Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aid Credentials are valid for three years and must be renewed at the end of each 3 year period in order to maintain accreditation. Mental Health First Aiders can recertify their MHFA credentials completely online in a 60-minute asynchronous training priced at $29.95.
To renew your certification as an Adult or Youth Mental Health First Aider, please take the following steps:
1. Log in to the MHFA Storefront to purchase your MHFA recertification course.
- To log into the Storefront, you must enter the email address used when you were initially certified in MHFA. If you need your email address to be updated, please request that change to your account information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before attempting to purchase the recertification course. By updating the email address on file, we can ensure that your First Aider record is correctly linked to your Storefront account.
- If you forgot or do not have a password, select “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts.
- If you select “Forgot Password,” and the response is, “No account found with that email,” select the option to “Create Account.” Be sure to enter the same email address used when you were initially certified in MHFA to ensure that your First Aider record is appropriately linked to your MHFA Storefront account.
2. Once you're logged in, you will select "First Aider Recertification" from the top navigation menu of the Storefront site:
- From here, you will be able to complete your purchase.
3. Once you complete your purchase, you must then log in to MHFA Connect to complete the First Aider Recertification course.
- When logging into MHFA Connect, be sure to use the same email address used to purchase the course on our Storefront page.
- If you forgot or do not have a password for MHFA Connect, select “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the recertification course on your MHFA Connect dashboard.
- You must complete all of the activities in the course to earn your recertification.
Alternatively, First Aiders have the option to re-take a full-length MFHA course to renew their First Aider Certification. If you prefer to take another course instead of completing the abbreviate recertification training, you can look for courses offered in your area using our Find a Course or Instructor - Mental Health First Aid Tool.